Friday, January 30, 2009

Some tips for H1B.

Most of the consultant companiws you will find will be Desi. If know nothing then this may come as a surprise: if you are thinking that you will have a good treatment because you an Indian... forget it. This is america, expect the worse to happen.

In fact you will find the Goras to be very friend-full and they understand most of our problems.

I am all writing this because we (I and my Wife) had some the very bitter incidences. I am sure there are ppl around who really had a good time in USA and working on H1B. But I was not that fortunate.

I would say that part are my own mistakes. Mistakes like "Believing them blindly", Not getting things in writing, etc.

So my fellow friends, do bear this in mind that;

Always and always get everything is writing. And ask them if there are any "hidden *s" conditions applications things. Like in my case, my employer made a verbal promise that they will give me salary on bench, but they never did and when I protested they gave me this * (Star). "Since the economy of USA is not good, we will not be able to pay you." I was taken back, they never told me this hidden clause.

well, I did not got Air Fare too. When I was in India they told be that they will refund this in 3 months.

When I asked them, after 3 months, to refund my air fare then they told me 3 months FROM the day I got my project. hmmm Ok... so i asked them after 3 months of my project they said they will refund will the next pay stub. Btw, it never came. And in the last, and the BEST.

After all this they said, "Now we have changed the rule, we will be giving the Airfare after 1 year of your project."

For those who done know:

1. Giving money for your own H1B is unlawful. I came to know this only after 1-2 months after landing in USA.

2. I am not sure about the Airfare, I guess this is the responsibility of the employer too.

After reading this everyone whats to know the name of my employer right... Well I am not sure If i write him name.. but let me tell you, the Consultant Comapany is located in Edison, New Jersey (NJ). and It has got a couple of awards like
NJBIA and NJBIZ.

If you are from Immigration or from Labor department and reading this then please be informed that most of us are ignorant of the laws of H1B. Yes this is our mistake that we do not do research and we trust our employer of what they verbally say and commit.

No comments: